Korea is the ideal location for a Rotary convention and a delightful travel destination to explore. Make sure to include extra time in your travel plans to experience the wonders of Seoul, the capital. You’ll find traditional tea houses and regal palaces alongside posh shopping malls and bustling markets.
Warm, friendly people
Come to Korea and experience the warmth and hospitality of its people. Seoul may be the largest metropolis in Korea but its residents embrace visitors with a warmth more typical of a small town. Its high-tech transportation system and multilingual signs make getting around the city – and the convention in Goyang City – safe and easy.
Stay connected to friends and family with free Wi-Fi at the convention venue.
Must see, must do
Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, an outdoors enthusiast, or an avid shopper, you’ll find something to satisfy your passion in Seoul. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit one or all five royal palaces in the city. Watch the colorful changing of the guard at Gyeongbok Palace and relax in the secret garden of Changdeok Palace.
- Check out Gwanghwamun Square, the historic and cultural center of Seoul.
- Enjoy traditional tea, distinctive arts and crafts shops, and popular food carts at Insa-dong and Bukchon Hanok Village.
- Hunt for bargains at Dongdaemun Market – anytime of the day or night.
- Hike along Seoul’s ancient fortress wall to the peak of Bugaksan Mountain.
- Escape the bustle of the city with a stroll along Cheonggyecheon stream.
- Dine on traditional Korean fare – bibimbap (rice mixed with a medley of seasoned vegetables), galbi (Korean barbecue), and makgeolli (rice wine).