We regret to announce that the Rotary International Convention, scheduled for 6-10 June 2020, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, has been canceled in response to the ongoing threat of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus.
We are sorry that we will not see you in Honolulu this year, but this decision is necessary to protect the health of everyone involved.
At this time, we kindly ask that you do not contact RI Registration to inquire about your registration, ticket or housing cancellations as we work diligently to inform all attendees.
Registration Refund Process
There are two refund options for convention registrants:
- Receive a full refund of your registration fee and associated fees. You can cancel your convention registration through My Rotary. We will process your refund using the method you used to register.
- Donate your registration fee and associated fees directly to Rotary’s Disaster Response Fund. These donations will help Rotary clubs support disaster recovery and rebuilding efforts where the need is greatest, including in communities that are seriously affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Complete the Donate My Registration form by 30 April to donate the entire amount of your refund, including registration fees and associated fees. You will receive donor credit, recognition (if applicable), and a tax receipt (where applicable).
If you have already received your refund, you can donate to Rotary’s Disaster Response Fund online. We are unable to reverse refunds that have already been processed or process partial refunds.
- All exhibitors will also receive full refunds. You do not need to take any action at this time.
- Those registered for Rotary Foundation Donor Events will also receive a full refund. You do not need to take action at this time.
- Those who had already canceled their registrations will receive full refunds, including refunds of the $50 cancellation fee.
- Those who reserved accommodations within Rotary’s hotel block will be able to cancel their reservations without being charged a fee. We’ll provide more information soon.
- Contact your airline or travel agency to cancel your flight reservation. Many airlines are updating their policies on flight cancellations and changes because of the travel restrictions that many countries have put in place.
- The Host Organization Committee will determine how to handle reimbursement of host-ticketed events and will contact attendees directly.
In the weeks leading up to this decision, we monitored developments closely and followed the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. State Department, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As a result, several Rotary events and training meetings around the world were canceled as a safety precaution. Unfortunately, as COVID-19 continues to spread rapidly, we made the difficult decision to cancel our annual convention as well, to protect the health and safety of attendees, Rotary staff, and the Honolulu community.
We will post more details as they become available.
Read the latest information on how Rotary is responding to the impact the COVID-19 outbreak is having on operations, events, and members.